The personal data we collect
Personal data is any information that a person can be identified from. It does not include anonymous data, where the identity and identifying information has been removed.
The following personal data are collected:
- Identity: first name, last name, title, date of birth (optional) and gender.
- Contact: email address, billing address, delivery address, location, country and telephone numbers.
- Financial: payment card details, bank account, paypal account name and email address.
- Transaction: your purchases and all information related to it (order number, subtotal, title, currency, discounts, shipping, number of items, product number, single item price, category, brand, tax etc.); payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have obtained from us, correspondence or communications with you in respect of your orders, details of any loyalty points awarded or used and promotions you were included in or opted to not use.
- Technical: details of devices you use to access our websites or apps, your internet protocol (IP) address, login data, your username and password, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser used, operating system and platform.
- Profile: orders made by you, brand and category interests, preferences, feedback, and survey responses.
- Usage: how and when you use our website/app, how you moved around it, what you searched for; website/app performance statistics, traffic, location, other communication data; loyalty points; and details of any other products and services used by you.
- Marketing and Communications: Your preferences in receiving marketing from us, this includes email, SMS, post and phone calls.
We also collect and use Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect Aggregated Data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we collect your data
We may collect personal data about you in the following ways:
Direct interactions – you may give us your Identity, Contact, Financial, Transaction, Profile, and Marketing and Communications data (as described above) by filling in forms, entering information online or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email, telephone or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide, for example, when you:
- Create an account or purchase products on our websites;
- Subscribe to our newsletters and social media sites
- Complete a survey;
- Contact us with an enquiry or to report a problem (by phone, email, social media, or messaging service).
Third parties – we may receive personal data about you from various third parties, including
- Technical Data from third parties, including analytics providers such as Google, Bing, Facebook and other social and search platforms.
- Technical Data from affiliate networks through whom you have accessed our website;
- Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
How we use your data
We will only collect and process your data where we have a legal basis to do so. As a data controller, the legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
We will only collect personal data from you when:
- we have your consent to do so, or
- we need your personal data to perform a contract with you. For example, to process a payment from you, fulfil your order or provide customer support connected with an order, or
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
Marketing preferences, adverts and cookies
We may send you marketing communications and promotional offers; This is of course in accordance with your preferences you have chosen to select.
If you open an account with us or purchase goods from us, signed up to our mailing list (this could be email, SMS, post or by phone).
We always try to give our customers the best personal experience so may use your previous purchase history, location, time of order to determine the marketing material you will see on our website, social media, SMS message, post and email campaigns.
Links to other websites and third parties
How we share your data
We may disclose and share your personal data with third parties. All the type of third parties are listed below and reasons why we may disclose this information
- Where you consented us to: We may at times ask you if you wish to receive marketing from some of our partners or other businesses we work with for co-joint promotions etc.
- IT systems, software and platforms: This may be to help fix bugs on systems or to help us create a marketing material to show you;
- Payment Providers: To help process your order, please note we don’t have access to all of your card details. They are masked to only show last 4 digits and expiry date.
- Delivery companies: To help let these companies communicate with you regards your delivery. Some use email, SMS and may even call you. You may also receive post from delivery companies if issue with your order with them.
- Analytics, search engine providers, PPC agencies and social platforms: We try to give you the best experience so use analytics to help find trends to what you may wish to see more often and frequency of buying. Search engines, PPC agencies and Social Media platforms is so we can re-market products to you.
- If we have a duty to comply from a legal obligation
You have rights under the data privacy legislation. This includes:
Request access to your personal data: You can request to obtain a copy of the personal data we hold about you and information on how we process your data.
Request correction and amend of your personal data: If you believe your personal data is incorrect or inaccurate. You can do this by logging in to your account online and call us or email email@example.com
Request to be forgotten (i.e erase your data): This allows you request that we delete your personal data in certain situations. Please note this is a request and we may not be able to allow it if it affects any legal reasons do to so. We will make you aware if the outcome of your request cannot be completed.
Request the transfer of your personal data: You have the right to obtain a digital copy of your personal data or request the transfer of your personal data to another company. This only applies to automated data which you initially gave consent for us to use.
Changes to this privacy notice
From time to time we may change this privacy notice. If there are any significant changes we will post updates on our website, applications or let you know by email.
How to contact us
We welcome feedback and happy to answer any questions you have about your data. Please feel free to call us on 01530 817070 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org